Job Description: George The Poet Comms and Engagement Intern
Start date: September 2018
Location: London (flexible working)
George The Poet Limited
George The Poet Limited is a communications agency that operates in the entertainment and advertising industries. Its founder, George "The Poet" Mpanga, is a spoken word performer and recording artist. The company was founded on the popularity of his work, producing musical poetry, corporate presentations in poetic form as well as poetry-based advertising.
The company aims to venture into new media forms, establish a release schedule and use the content of GTP releases to draw a civic contribution from the audience.
About the role
This role ensures clarity between staff members, building and forming new professional relationships with external stakeholders.
● Liaise with stakeholders (e.g. charities, schools, universities and multinational corporations) to keep them updated on the company's objectives and collaborative opportunities
● Has a marketing background
● Ideally has experience in sales
● Must own a laptop
● Experience of research work
● Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
● Strong communication skills
● A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills
● Able to work collaboratively within a small team
● Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
● Interest and enthusiasm in the youth sector
● Status: This is a temporary role, 3 months
● Expenses covered
● To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter explaining why you think you would be fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write Comms and Engagement Intern in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: Sunday 8th July