Job Description: George The Poet Research Intern
Start date: September 2018
George The Poet Limited
George The Poet Limited is a communications agency that operates in the entertainment and advertising industries. Its founder, George "The Poet" Mpanga, is a spoken word performer and recording artist. The company was founded on the popularity of his work, producing musical poetry, corporate presentations in poetic form as well as poetry-based advertising.
The company aims to venture into new media forms, establish a release schedule and use the content of GTP releases to draw a civic contribution from the audience.
About the role
This role streamlines the production process by distilling key information to be incorporated into GTP releases, including: international relations, challenges to sustainability, innovations supporting sustainability.
● Research upcoming humanitarian awareness campaigns according to the UN Observance Calendar
● Identify strong sustainable development initiatives connected to upcoming awareness drives in need of popular support
● Track sustainability-related news
● Create a weekly brief of findings
● Must have a background in sustainability
● Must own a laptop
● Experience of research work
● Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
● Strong communication skills
● A strong work ethic, excellent time management skills
● Able to work collaboratively within a small team
● Experience in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office and email
● Interest and enthusiasm in the youth sector
● Status: This is a temporary role, 3 months
● Expenses covered
● To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter explaining why you think you would be fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write Research Intern in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: Sunday 8th July